It is very easy to give a rainbow effect on an image if you go through our basic steps using gradient presets in Photoshop CS. Fundamental steps for giving rainbow effect are given below.
1. First step is selection of picture and open it in Photoshop. Then one of the new layers has to be selected and created from the layer panel.
2. If you create a new layer from layer panel then you need to select that new layer and you need to click on the gradient tool on the tool bar. The gradient property setting has to be given same, if it appears on the screen after that just click on the gradient image marked with red.
The Gradient Editor will be displayed as
3. Next step, you need to select the black colored box from the presets, which is in the fifth row of the presets. A tab stops appears on the screen like a colored bar with pencil icons.
4. Next step, you need to adjust the color tabs, if you do that there is a possibility for reduction in width and opacity. If you need get an idea about all the tab stops available you can also try with each tab stop separately, this will help you to get a basic information about all the tab stops. You can also drag it outside the window for removing it.
5. Create new tab stop and give orange color to that. Creation of new tab stop should have to be start from the bottom order. You can also change the color by clicking on this color tab stop and all the color tab have to be dragged towards the right side.
6. If u click on the OK button you will be able to see the gradient on the gradient properties bar.
7. Select the radial gradient from the gradient properties and drag to the left corner of the image by placing the cursor at the top of the right corner.
8.Your next job is to reduce the opacity of the image to 30% in the layer panel. By using the eraser tool you can also erase if the rainbow spread to any unwanted areas.
9. After completing all the above steps you will get an image with rainbow effects.