Follow these simple steps to learn the creation of an artificial rain effect in any image through Photoshop.
1. First step is to open an image that you wish to give artificial rain effect and create a new layer.
2. Click on Filter>Render>Clouds by remaining in the same layer and after that reset the opacity option in the layer panel to 60.
3. Click on Filter>Noise>Add Noise. By clicking this option you can see a grainy image. After doing this changing the settings similar to settings as in the snapshot shown here.
Amount - 60
Distribution - Gaussian
4. Click Filter>Blur>Motion blur. The values in the motion blur window must be changed with the help of the image given here. Set the values to 73 and 10 for angle and distance respectively. After doing this click ok.
5. After satisfying the above step set the blending mode of the layer to 'screen'.
6. By following all the above steps you can feel a drastic change in the image and the result you obtained is an image with the artificial rain effect.