Maa Graphics Services
» 2D Animation
» Architectural Rendering
» 3D Product Modeling
» 3D Exhibition Display
» Digital Illustration
» Book Illustrations
» Cartoon Drawings
» Medical Illustration
» Portrait Illustrations
» Fashion Illustrations
» Logo Design
» Stationary Design
» Advertising Designs
» Banner Designs
» Brochures Designs
» Direct Mail Design
» Flyers Designs
» Folders Designs
» Image Clipping Paths
» News Letter Design
» Package Design
» Posters Designs
» Signage Designs
» Brochure Website
» E-Commerce Website
» Flash Website
» CMS Development
» Search Engine Optimising
» Website Content Writing
» E-mail Newsletter Design
|Dreamweaver tips and tricks on jumbmenu, swap images, css, rollover, pop up windows, validating forms, tables, submit buttons
Design you website using Dreamweaver. The user interface and the flexibility of Dreamweaver help you to create attractive and interactive web sites for your needs. This tutorial delivers the Dreamweaver tips and tricks about the various basics of dreamweaver such as jump menu, swap images, css, rollover, pop up windows, validating forms, tables and submit buttons. For cool tips and more tutorials visit our Dreamweaver tutorials. We also provide tutorials for Flash, Fireworks and Photoshop.
Some cool tips, Basics and tricks on Dreamweaver
- Use the behaviors panel to handle the behaviors of Jump menus, Pop up Windows and Swap Images. To know more about Behavior on Dreamweaver visits our tutorial on Dreamweaver Behaviors.
- For formatting text and to create text rollovers make use of the CSS Styles in Dreamweaver. CSS is also used to remove underlines from the links and thus it aids in the creation of non-underlined links. For detailed CSS tutorial see CSS styles in Dreamweaver tutorial
- Links are the most important component of a website. Links provide interconnection between the various hypertext documents. While working with links on Dreamweaver the follow tips could be useful
- The color of the link could be changed by changing the link color, visited link color and active link color settings in the page properties. The Page properties are selected by Modify>Page Properties.
- Use a: hover style to create a text roll over on a link. See our text rollover tutorial for reference and code.
- linking within the same web page can be done using the Named Anchors.
- CSS styles can be helpful in customizing Form Objects and Validating Forms such as giving a background color or changing the font type of the form objects.
- In the case of Tables, create rows with height with less than 15 pixels. Even if this is not possible, the insertion of a transparent gif (of resolution 1x1 pixel known as shim) or export it from Fireworks.
- A nice and thin border looks fine for the tables. To do so first you have to create a table with some width and with a cell padding value 1.Into this table insert the actual table with its width 100%..Fot more tips and tricks about Dreamweaver tables visit our Dreamweaver Table tutorials.
- Just like custom cursors, custom submit buttons enhances the user interactivity of the web page. With Dreamweaver you could create custom submit buttons by creating and saving a custom image in dreamweaver and choose the submit button image from Insert>Form Object>Image Field. The following example code creates a custom submit button
<input type="image" border="0" name="imageField3" src="/images/submit.gif">
- Like custom buttons and cursors, rollovers are helpful in providing beauty and interactivity. They can be created very easily with Dreamweaver by exporting the image and its rollover image from the fireworks and insert them by pressing Insert>Rollover Image.(the image must be named beforehand).Next you must provide a target link to the image.
- Dreamweaver templates and Server side scripting saves a lot of time.
- Before uploading your site make sure that your site is get ridden of broken links and references. Dead or broken links can be checked easily with Dreamweaver by right clicking and selecting the 'check links' on the files of your site map. This procedure can be applied both to the entire map and within aselected folder. If there are dead links fix them by linking them to the target files using the folder icon nearby.
- To go to the next line without entering a paragraph use Shift+Enter. Also Ctrl+Shift+Space can be used to give multiple spaces in between characters.
- The shapes of the bullets can be changed by using the Type property in the<ul> or <ol> tag. The below code changes the default circular bullets to square bullets .
- Optimization and updating of images must be done after resizing it in Dreamweaver instead of editing it in Fireworks. This is accomplished by Clicking Command>Optimize Image in Fireworks. Do not use the existing Fireworks document as the source of image.