These steps help you to learn the creation of a 3D Ball in Photoshop CS.
1. The first step is to open a canvas. For the setting of the default foreground and background colors click "D".
2. Click Alt+Backspace. This step is carried out to fill black colour in the canvas.
3. Subsequent to that, click ‘create a new layer’ icon which is placed in the bottom of the layer panel. This creates a fresh layer.
4.Select the elliptical marquee tool which is in the toolbar. By using the shift key down you can draw a circle on the canvas.
5.Select a color according to your wish by selecting the black foreground color which is on the toolbar.
6. After completing the 5th step click Alt+Backspace. By doing this process the circle can be filled with the color that you selected.
7.Add another layer. After creating one more layer you can use the airbrush for giving some shading.
8. Click brush tool which is on the toolbar. You can see the settings of the brush below the main menu. Set according to the image as shown below.
9. Press D. This process allows changing the foreground color to black. After this you must paint gently around the ball with the help of the brush. You must note the the position of the brush. The position must be similar to the image shown below
10.Add a new layer. You must change the foreground color to white. You must paint the edge with the brush as seen in the image below and after that shade on the top of the ball.
11. By following all the above steps you can create a 3d ball in ease.